Specialist Surveys for Energy-Saving Home Improvements
- I think my property could be better insulated – can you advise what it needs?
- My home suffers from condensation and a mildew problem – can you advise us on how to prevent this?
- My home is definitely losing heat through its single glazing, but I cannot get double glazing with the property being Listed – help!
- Our heating needs a complete review – it’s a sizeable house, with 2 boilers, and ineffective heating – what are the options?
- The cost of our heating is getting way too high – toying with replacing the boiler, but what other heating options are there?
The best starting point to determine appropriate Energy-Saving Home Improvements is to have a Green Deal Assessment carried out. A Green Deal Assessment is a property survey carried out by a qualified Green Deal Adviser – your input is needed for the Occupancy Assessment part of the report about how your household uses energy in your property, and what the energy bills currently are. The result is a Green Deal Advice Report packed with facts on:
- recommended improvements suitable for your property
- indicative costs of implementing such improvements
- indicative savings as a result of these improvements being installed
- the expected result on energy bills
Shirley Paterson of nextGenergy is a qualified Green Deal Adviser, who carries out Green Deal Assessments, and advises on what home improvements are best suited for your property. nextGenergy can also support you with Specialist Surveys – enhancing your research into which home energy-saving improvement options would be suitable for your property’s and household’s needs. A Specialist Survey usually takes place following a Green Deal Assessment – with your permission, data collected during your Green Deal Assessment can be used to share with the particular Specialist beforehand, in preparation for your Specialist Survey. Specialist Surveys can assist with:
- Glazing improvements – secondary glazing, double glazing and triple glazing
- Fossil fueled boiler replacements – mains gas, oil and LPG condensing boilers
- Ventilation – condensation, mould and mildew problems
- Insulation – for loft, underfloor, cavity wall, solid wall, internal, external, room in roof and innovative solutions
- Insulated external doors
- Lighting improvements using LED fittings
- Heating Controls – including smart wireless energy managed systems
nextGenergy offers support throughout this researching phase for your potential improvement projects.
nextGenergy will advise you if there is funding available to support the improvements suitable for your property.
nextGenergy has the supportive services of highly reputable Green Deal Certified Installers and Specialists and can provide you with no obligation quotations for the energy-saving solutions most relevant for your property and your household’s needs, taking into account all the facts gathered for the compilation of your Green Deal Advice Report.
So, in summary, we can work hand in hand with you, following completion of your Green Deal Advice Report. With your permission, the data collected for your report, can be used to provide you with no obligation quotations for energy-saving solutions from our highly reputable Specialists – many of whom are Green Deal Certified Installers.
In order to provide these quotes, we can co-ordinate arrangements between yourselves and our Specialists to arrange for a Specialist Survey to take place, and often we are there too during your Specialist Survey discussing with you what the most effective solutions would be. You can be assured that nextGenergy’s Specialists are experts in their fields for the benefit of our clients! We would be delighted to work with you, and if appropriate introduce you to our Specialists who can offer you their expert advice.
Typically there is a way to resolve any particular issue you are experiencing, so we can support home improvement retrofit projects. We also work with many clients who are planning for alterations and extensions, and we have involvement with new build projects too. The advice we offer is always tailored appropriately to match your property’s, and household’s, unique home energy improvement and energy-saving needs.
Links to Essential Reports for Home Energy Efficiency Improvements and Financial Support
Loans and Cashback Grants for Energy-Saving Improvements – up to 25% grants and 75% interest-free loans.